Fight post-acne spots, whiteheads and blackheads

First post of my 1098 786th attempt to build up a blog, we'll see how it works out this time (^ ^)

So, what have i been up to these last days?
Mainly chilling (summer vacation) and searching Google and blogs for a way to deal with my chronically problematic skin.

Two days ago i found this blogpost on how to prevent breakouts, get smoother and more glowy skin and face post-acne scars by using baking soda, ACV, eggwhites and lemon juice.

I've had acne for the past 6 years and though i've used lots of different products, nothing got rid of it completely.
About two months ago i stopped taking the antibiotics because it seemed they didn't prevent breakouts anymore and gave my skin a rough texture.
At the same time i started using African Black Soap as a facewash two times a day and unrefined shea butter as a moisturizer.
This helped reduce my acne a lot, and without the use harmfull chemicals.

By harmfull chemicals i mean medication and skincare products that have millions of ingredients in them that aren't usefull for your skin.
I avoid these because i've noticed that my skin prefers DIY stuff and products with a very few and as natural as possible ingredients (for instance a honey mask)

So this is my regimen (not 100% the same as original)
Mornings:
-Cleanse with ABS
-Dilute BS in water to form paste and gently massage face with it. Let sit for couple of minutes. Rinse well.
-Take some ACV and diluted it in witch hazel (about 10% ACV). Use cotton pad to apply on face.
-Moisturize with shea butter

Night:
-Cleanse with ABS
-Apply eggwhite&lemon juice mask. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
-Rinse
-Tone with witch hazel (no ACV this time!)
-Moisturize with shea butter

I have been doing this now for about two days and obviously my post-acne spots haven't lightened yet but my whiteheads and blackheads are starting to diminish and my skin is getting more glowy :P

Will keep using this!

For the original post, more details on the regimen and other peoples experiences with this click here

No comments:

Post a Comment